Going to a hair salon is one of the biggest treats you can give yourself. Here are some tips to make your salon experience a lot better.
1) If this is your first time to the salon, remember to communicate with your hairstylist and keep an open mind.
2) Prepare two or three photos of what you like, and another two or three of what you don’t like. This is especially important if you’re getting your hair colored. Your explanation will probably be different from what you actually want because color can be so complicated, so a picture will be the best way to get on the same page as your stylist.
3) Don’t wear white to a color service. You don’t want to put pressure on your shampoo technician or colorist by having them worry about not ruining your white shirt.
4) Try and wear a button-down shirt, so you won’t mess up your hairdo once it’s done.
5) If you had a bad experience, don’t be afraid to tell your hairstylist, but don’t tell them what to do. It’s very distracting when you guide a professional stylist. Let’s say if they listen, you will end up getting the result of something done in the bathroom, but if you don’t say anything you’ll be unhappy. So say something, but don’t guide.
Again, it’s a blessing and treat to let someone make you beautiful, so open your mind and get ready to look and feel beautiful.
- Marshall Lin