by Nicole Liddicote
Thursday, July 14, 2016 – 9:50 am
Image: Alice + OliviaSunny days are here, but fall is just around the corner. One of the biggest trends from this year’s Fall/Winter 2016 runways was 70s-inspired looks of all kinds – from fashion to beauty and everything in between. Help your client stay on-trend with carefree, Seventies waves, as seen at Alice + Olivia’s FW16 presentation at New York Fashion Week.
Lead stylist Marshall Lin for Fekkai and Olivia Garden created an updated take on 1970s waves, à la Farrah Fawcett and Princess Diana. The look is all about loose, carefree structure and soft texture. Recreate this style in the salon with the how-to below!
Get the Look:
- Smooth hair around the frame of the face with Olivia Garden HeatPro Round Thermal Brush (1 3/4”) for a clean part down the middle. To create dimension around the face, dry the roots by angling the sections forward.
- Apply Fekkai Full Blown Volume Lightweight Styling Whip section by section to hair to create volume. Use hairdryer on medium heat using hands to create dry texture.
- Separate hair into 2-inch sections with Olivia Garden CarboSilk Comb (CS-T1) and curl hair with a 1.25-inch curling iron.
- Use the Olivia Garden Double Clip to quickly and easily section the hair as you work around the head.
- Release the curl immediately and roll it with tissue. The tension of the curl must be more from the roots and start to loosen up near the ends.
- After curls cool down, use Olivia Garden Supreme Combo to gently brush the hair to create a soft, edgy look with a little bit of frizz to create that 70’s style.
- To complete the look, pick two small pieces from the back of the hair and tie together like a shoelace at the neck line.
- Apply Fekkai Blowout Refresher Dry Shampoo through sections for additional texture. Finish with Fekkai Sheer Hold Hairspray for easy hold.